Because of the risk of PML, TYSABRI is available only through the TOUCH Prescribing Program, which stands for TYSABRI Outreach: Unified Commitment to Health. TOUCH is a restricted distribution program focused on safety. The goal of the TOUCH Prescribing Program is to minimize the risk of PML.
TOUCH was developed with the help of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Only prescribers and patients enrolled in the TOUCH Prescribing Program can prescribe and receive TYSABRI
- Only certain pharmacies and infusion sites authorized by the TOUCH Prescribing Program can dispense and infuse TYSABRI
TOUCH offers more interaction with doctors and nurses. Your treatment is closely monitored to help make sure TYSABRI continues to be right for you:
- Once every 4 weeks at each infusion visit
- Plan to see your doctor 3 months after your first infusion, 6 months after your first infusion, and at least as often as every 6 months thereafter
TOUCH assigns you your own specially trained Biogen Idec Case Manager to help:
- Get you started on therapy and answer questions about your therapy
- Find an authorized infusion site in your area
- Provide information about insurance coverage and possible sources of financial assistance, if needed
By clicking the above link you will learn of the enrollment process and the Pre-infusion checklist
information provided above was gathered and posted by: Stuart Schlossman-RRMS