ABOUT this BLOG and How to use it

WELCOME to Stu's Views and MS News e-Newsletter Ô

Key-Note: Our live MS educational seminars average approx 65 people per educational program and SINCE our first program in February 2010, we have hosted more than 118 educational programs. Most locations are in Florida and we have now added educational events in Georgia, Alabama and the Carolinas.

Register at our website to receive our globally transmitted Multiple Sclerosis e-newsletter, currently being received in more than (90) Countries.

Visit MS Views and News.org

Be Empowered with MS News and Information

Scroll to view All the resources found on the left side of this blog. Need to find information, use our 'search by topic' tool.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Why I'm thankful for multiple sclerosis

Written by: Lorrie Jorgensen

From Monday's Globe and Mail - Monday, Sep. 28, 2009


I wish someone would hurt me. Not kill-me kind of hurt, but enough to damage me visibly. They could run me down with their car or batter my legs with a baseball bat. That would work.

I don't normally think this way but on my tired days when I'm really wiped I tend to get dramatic and over the top with self-pity. I have multiple sclerosis and one of my biggest challenges is battling continuously to overcome the debilitating fatigue that accompanies the disease. Like a junkie, I have worked my way through the available medications, but nothing has worked for long.

The medical community does not know what causes MS but there are theories. There is an increased prevalence of the disease in northern European countries, leading to discussions about environment, lack of sunshine and vitamin D. There is also talk about predispositions, viruses and genetics. Being female almost tripled my odds of getting the disease. There is no cure.

Click here to continue to read Lorrie's Story


============================================

2 comments:

Stuart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stuart said...

This article, like many posts on this blog, tends to get many leaving comments on my facebook page. All posts made to this blog, feed to the Stuart Schlossman facebook page and so, with regards to this blog posting, if you want to see the comments left by others on facebook, you will need to visit this link, by copying and pasting into your browser. http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=161552681702&comments= --
But to do this, you need to be a facebook user.