- You must Currently be on Tysabri
- You must have been on Tysabri for at least 12 consecutive months
- You must be between 18 and 60 years of age
- You must be clinically stable (no relapses) for the past 12 months
- You must not be pregnant, nursing, or planning on becoming pregnant in the next year
This study is expecting to enroll 200 people.
There are 2 parts to the study.
The first 6 months, people are randomly divided into 3 groups:
Group 1 (50 people) continue on Tysabri
Group 2 (50 people) go on placebo
Group 3 (100 people) go on either Avonex, Copaxone, or Solumedrol. If you are in this group, you may choose which of those 3 you will go on.
After the first 6 months, everyone goes back on Tysabri for the remaining 6 months.
If someone has a relapse in the first 6 months, they have the option of going directly back on Tysabri for 6 more months.
There are 11 visits. The first 6 months the visits are monthly. The second 6 months the visits are every 3 months. MRIs and lab work are done at every visit.
Patients will receive ALL study medication (regardless of which group you are in), MRIs, lab work, exams and study-related assessments at no charge for (1) year.