Supplements for multiple sclerosis are :
1. Vitamin E and other antioxidants like vitamin A, beta carotene and vitamin C. These supplements are strong nerve protectors. Vitamin D as a supplement for multiple sclerosis reduces relapses.
2. Manganese combined with vitamin B enhances nerve impulses and alleviates muscle weakness. Magnesium and calcium help sooth muscle spasms and can be used as a natural treatment for multiple sclerosis.
3. Cod-liver oil
4. Flaxseed and evening primrose oil
5. Borage oil and black currant oil
6. Amino acids also help treat the disease. They are either injected or taken as tablets.
7. Omega-3 combined with multivitamins and mineral supplements are recommended daily.
8. Curcumin, a compound in turmeric, and garlic are used as natural supplements for multiple sclerosis.
9. Herbal medicines (Bushen Gusui) and medical cannabis (marinol) are used to reduce pain.
10. A natural treatment of multiple sclerosis is the Swank diet.
Other natural treatments for multiple sclerosis include proteolytic enzyme supplementation and EAP supplementation therapy.
The therapeutic practice of tai chi and yoga mitigate fatigue. Exercise maintains flexibility and muscle control. Swimming, walking and bicycling are commonly advised to patients afflicted with multiple sclerosis.