Be empowered with MS views and news. To receive The MS BEACON e-Newsletter, CLICK HERE - -
Visit our MS learning channel on YouTube, which provides hundreds of MS educational videos presented by MS Experts from across the USA. Archived here: www.youtube.com/msviewsandnews -- Also please visit our Social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram . Each providing important information for the MS community. Furthermore, scroll down the left side of this blog to learn from the resources and links.
Disclaimer: 'MS Views and News' DOES NOT endorse any products or services found on this blog. It is up to you to seek advice from your healthcare provider. The intent of this blog is to provide information on various medical conditions, medications, treatments, for your personal knowledge and to keep you informed of current health-related issues. It is not a substitute for the advice of your physician. Should you or your family members have any specific medical problem, seek medical care promptly.
Friday, November 19, 2010
An Overview in Pictures
In the dark when it comes to MS?
Pictures help complete the story.
MS Basics to the Complex
Thursday, November 18, 2010
- The cause is unknown but may involve an attack by the immune system against the body's own tissues (autoimmune reaction).
- Usually, periods of relatively good health alternate with episodes of worsening symptoms.
- People may have vision problems and abnormal sensations, and movements may be weak and clumsy.
- Usually, doctors base the diagnosis on symptoms and results of a physical examination and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
- Treatment includes corticosteroids, drugs that help keep the immune system from attacking the body, and drugs to relieve symptoms.
- Often, the disorder slowly worsens, disabling some people, but life span is unaffected unless the disorder is very severe.