- Gain insight to market potential, including a robust 10-year epidemiology forecast of multiple sclerosis prevalent cases.
- Understand the key epidemiologic risk factors associated with multiple sclerosis.
- During 2010, Datamonitor estimates that 575,900 prevalent cases of multiple sclerosis (MS) existed in the seven major markets (the US, Japan, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK). Between 2010 and 2020, this report forecasts annual MS prevalent cases in the seven major markets to increase by 1.5%, resulting in 584,500 prevalent cases in 2020.
- In the five major EU markets (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK), 315,600 prevalent MS cases existed in 2010. This constitutes 55% of all prevalent cases estimated for the seven major markets. Between 2010 and 2020, the number of ASD cases will decrease by 2.0% to 309,200.
- During 2010 in the seven major markets, the majority (63%) of MS prevalent cases were of the relapse/remitting form. In absolute terms, 363,300 prevalent MS cases were relapse/remitting MS and 212,600 cases were all other MS subtypes in the seven major markets.
- What are the most robust sources for multiple sclerosis prevalence data?
- How will the patient population change over the next decade in the US, Japan, and five major EU markets (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK)?
- What are the major influencing factors for multiple sclerosis that drive the trend in prevalent cases and how are they changing?
Laura Wood, Senior Manager,
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907