Please visit our MS learning channel on Youtube, which provides hundreds of topics from our education programs, that were video-recorded and archived here: www.youtube.com/msviewsandnews
-- Scroll left side of this blog for needed resources. Also, use our 'search by topic' tool, to find specific information.
Disclaimer: 'MS Views and News' DOES NOT endorse any products or services found on this blog. It is up to you to seek advice from your healthcare provider. The intent of this blog is to provide information on various medical conditions, medications, treatments, and procedures for your personal knowledge and to keep you informed of current health-related issues. It is not intended to be complete or exhaustive, nor is it a substitute for the advice of your physician. Should you or your family members have any specific medical problem, seek medical care promptly.
CHAMPIONS TACKLING MS - AWARDS Dinner, Honoring Aaron Boster, MD and Jon e. Glaser, DDS - now open for registration. Visit www.events.msvn.org
Friday, June 10, 2011
- Gain insight to market potential, including a robust 10-year epidemiology forecast of multiple sclerosis prevalent cases.
- Understand the key epidemiologic risk factors associated with multiple sclerosis.
- During 2010, Datamonitor estimates that 575,900 prevalent cases of multiple sclerosis (MS) existed in the seven major markets (the US, Japan, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK). Between 2010 and 2020, this report forecasts annual MS prevalent cases in the seven major markets to increase by 1.5%, resulting in 584,500 prevalent cases in 2020.
- In the five major EU markets (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK), 315,600 prevalent MS cases existed in 2010. This constitutes 55% of all prevalent cases estimated for the seven major markets. Between 2010 and 2020, the number of ASD cases will decrease by 2.0% to 309,200.
- During 2010 in the seven major markets, the majority (63%) of MS prevalent cases were of the relapse/remitting form. In absolute terms, 363,300 prevalent MS cases were relapse/remitting MS and 212,600 cases were all other MS subtypes in the seven major markets.
- What are the most robust sources for multiple sclerosis prevalence data?
- How will the patient population change over the next decade in the US, Japan, and five major EU markets (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK)?
- What are the major influencing factors for multiple sclerosis that drive the trend in prevalent cases and how are they changing?
Laura Wood, Senior Manager,
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Included in the guide is information such as Travelling with Visual Impairments, Breathing Problems, Flying with Guide Dogs, Travelling with Autism, Wheelchair access, Help at the car park and much more.
The guide: http://www.parkat.co.uk/disabled/
Travelling with a disability or a restricted mobility can be a daunting experience if the correct assistance is not available at the airport. We have created a small guide with information and tips to help make your trip flow smoothly.
- What happens at security and customs?
- Airport travel Advice for deaf passengers or persons with reduced hearing.
- Disabled passengers carrying medication.
- What help is available at the airport?
- What to do before you arrive.
- Return journey help.
- Passengers with visual impairments.
- Help at the car park.
- Travelling with Autism.
- Guide Dogs & PETS.