- Legal 'electronic joint' developed to help ailments eased by cannabis
- It will help calm, relax and ease people's pain, but will not give a 'high'
- This is because it contains cannabidiol (CBD) which acts as a painkiller
- Does not contain psychoactive ingredient THC which gives a 'high'
- Product will be available to patients in France from January 2015
An 'electronic joint' made from hemp plants is being developed by a French manufacturer. It claims the e-joint, called KanaVape, will provide all the relaxing and painkilling effects of marijuana, without the high, as it does not contain the psychoactive ingredient THC