Click here to receive MS news via e-mail
- Stop the disease from getting worse
- Restore lost function
- Prevent and cure MS
- Bone marrow stem cell transplants that would offer long-term benefits
- An epilepsy pill that slowed nerve damage
- A specific type of training that improved memory and brain activity (as seen on MRI scans). Changes were still in place after 6 months.
- An experimental therapy in mice helped their bodies make myelin, a substance that protects nerves. The treatment is a type of microRNA, a small amount of genetic material.
- A large team of researchers is analyzing gut bacteria to find out what role it may play as MS gets worse.
- Researchers are studying children with MS to learn how their environment and genes make them more likely to get the disease. One early finding suggested low vitamin D levels were linked to MS relapses in kids with a specific gene.
- Stem cell transplant
- Bone marrow transplant
- HSCT (hematopoietic stem cell transplantation)
MS Views and News is MAKING an IMPACT on those affected by Multiple Sclerosis