It’s that time of year again when individuals can enroll in a Marketplace health insurance plan. According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Affordable Care Act is working and continuing to increase access to healthcare. Insurance affordability has increased also, with the eligibility to qualify for lower premium costs, the expansion of Medicaid coverage and additional plan options to choose from being key factors in this act.
Important Dates to Remember:
- November 1, 2015 - Open Enrollment Began:
- Search for insurance plan options and assistance that may be right for you
- If you are already enrolled, you can review your coverage and other insurance plans to see if another plan better matches your needs
- December 15, 2015 - Last day to enroll for coverage beginning on January 1, 2016
- January 1, 2016 - Coverage begins for everyone who enrolled by December 15, 2015