- The physician can submit a medical exception/letter of medical necessity directly to CVS/Caremark
- If the medical exception letter is not successful, an appeal can be filed
- During the appeal process, the patient may be eligible to receive interim doses from Biogen to ensure there is no disruption in treatment
- If the appeal is denied, patients may be eligible for Biogen’s patient assistance programs
- Patients that need assistance in understanding and navigating their health insurance coverage can contact Biogen Support Coordinators at 1-800-456-2255; M-F, 8:30am – 8:00pm EST
- Through the support program, Biogen is committed to helping patients and provides support services to patients and caregivers, such as financial and insurance support, nurse educators, support coordination, and peer connections
Please visit our MS learning channel on Youtube, which provides hundreds of topics from our education programs, that were video-recorded and archived here: www.youtube.com/msviewsandnews -- Be empowered with MS news by registering with us: www.register.msviewsandnews.org
-- Scroll left side of this blog for needed resources. Also, use our 'search by topic' tool, to find specific information.
Disclaimer: 'MS Views and News' DOES NOT endorse any products or services found on this blog. It is up to you to seek advice from your healthcare provider. The intent of this blog is to provide information on various medical conditions, medications, treatments, and procedures for your personal knowledge and to keep you informed of current health-related issues. It is not intended to be complete or exhaustive, nor is it a substitute for the advice of your physician. Should you or your family members have any specific medical problem, seek medical care promptly.